Pigs In Space: The Truth About The Swine Flu

Pigs In Space:
The Truth About The Swine Flu

THE MEDIA IS LYING TO YOU!!

Shocking News: 36,000 People Dead In The U.S. Due To The Flu!

Sounds scary, doesn’t it? I mean, this whole Swine Flu makes you want to send every pig on earth into orbit.

Pigs in Space!

That’s the answer man. Shoot ‘em all up into the atmosphere. Let Ms. Piggy sort ‘em out.

That bit of shocking news? It’s true.

About 36,000 people have already died of the flu — last year.

And the year before.

And…. the year before that.

And so-on, and so-on.

Not the “Swine” flu — that’s killed one person so far in the United States (an infant.)

The “flu” flu.

You know…. the FLU? The pain-in-the-ass flu bug that you’ve known about but never feared and panicked over since you were a kid?

Yeah… that flu.

36,000 a year in the U.S. alone.

How many media outlets are talking about this historical fact? Hardly any.

Just today I saw headlines in 4-inch type: “FIRST AMERICAN SWINE FLU DEATH”.

Now, I feel for the poor little baby who died. Do not get me wrong.

But can you not see the clear, unmitigated media hype here folks?

The media depends on sensationalism and hype to sell papers and advertising. Period.

And almost ever year, something like this comes along. A few years ago it was “Bird Flu.” Remember?

How many people do YOU know that were killed by the Bird Flu.

Uh-huh. Me too. Zilch.

Let’s review:

36,000 a year die of the simple, plain-old flu.

And… we’re supposed to freak out over the potential of a new strain?

Okay — here’s what you can do to protect yourself from any strain of flu — and colds for that matter.

Ready? It’s kinda complex, so be sure to take notes…

1. 1. Wash your hands.

2. 2. Never touch your face (mouth, nose, eyes) before washing your hands. Antibacterial soaps probably do not help much. It is more important to take time to wash/scrub hands well. (from a post by a doctor to this reply…thank you!)

3. 3. Eat a diet that is low in insulin response.

4. 4. Drink plenty of water.

That’s all.

I know, very, very complex stuff… but… what can I say.

The only thing you may NOT being doing (most people are not) is eating a low-insulin diet. That’s a diet that does not promote insulin resistance in the cells.

The ideal diet for that is my Every Other Day Diet. Why?

Well, because I wrote it… that’s why. ; )

Actually, because it allows you the foods you love every week, so you don’t feel like you’re on a diet all the time.

If you doubt the claims, just read about the results on my support blog.

Or get yourself a copy. Try it. If you don’t like it, I’ll pay you back.

Simple as that.

Go here now –

The Every Other Day Diet     The Flu AND Fat Killer

Feel better now? Good.

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to “Pigs In Space: The Truth About The Swine Flu”

1. Steph says:

Love the article. Has been my sentiment exactly for the past few days. :) Steph

2. Mike Sargent says:

We have been speaking about this exact topic only last night. I was at a dinner party where a lady was obviously really stressed about the swine flu. I mentioned the same fact, that 1000s of people die each year from the plain old flu. Most of the people there were very surprised to hear this.
    In time like these, with the global finacial crisis, and now the swine flu, don’t put your head in the sand, but, the news media want you coming back for more, so take what they say with a grain of salt, be positive and live your life to the fullest.

3. Michael Wartels says:

Jon,
    As a practicing physician I have to say I have the exact same thoughts about the “swine flu” as you have accurately and concisely described above. Although this new strain is certainly something to watch closely and take precautions against, I do not as of yet see any reason for mass hysteria (which the media has been causing). I heard yesterday that Egypt has slaughtered many pigs thinking that this would somehow decrease the spread of this flu (causing the WHO to try and rename the virus as the name is misleading). In addition, many countries have stopped importing pork from Mexico and the USA also due to a lack of understanding of the risk factors involved in transmission.
    In any event, your suggestions are valid – I would also include not touching one’s nose or eyes without first washing one’s hands well, as well as decreasing alcohol comsumption and getting plenty of sleep. With regards to hand washing, antibacterial soaps probably do not help much – it is more important to take time to wash/scrub hands well. In other words almost any type of soap is adequate, however, the amount of time spent washing one’s hands is far more important than the type of soap used.
    Thank-you for all of the important information on health which you provide so consistently.

All the best,
    Michael

• Jon says:

Hi Dr. Wartels,

Thanks for the kind feedback. Always great to hear from a physician on these matters. I only play one on television. ; )

Funny you should mention the eyes thing — that was in my draft and I took it out. Probably should just make that “face” to keep it simple. Alcohol and sleep — great points.

I just think it’s a shame that people do NOT get the connection between insulin, inflammation, and illness. I’m considering a book called “i3″ that deals with these three “i”s and how to manage them.

Jon

4. Liz says:

I just read an interesting article on the flu. You can read it here: http://www.naturalnews.com/026169.html

It’s amazing just what statistics the media reports and how they were derived.

5. patrick says:

I agree with your point. I work for a state health department and this entire week we have had news crews and even CNN in our building. While this is an interesting event, I don’t feel that the panic that has been generated is warranted.

6. Sarah says:

Boy, am I glad I don’t watch the news on TV, read a paper, or get more than a brief radio-”blah” on the way to work – of course I heard about this poor pig, but do I worry? Not.

The last time there was an outbreak of the flu here in MOntreal, my husband’s doctor said 40% of the population caught it, and almost all were bed-ridden with fever for 5-6 days. He said hubby was lucky to have gotten away with 2 days only (not knowing I only had 1 day of fever and didn’t stay in bed anyway) – to me it had nothing to do with luck but more with a healthy lifestyle, and a year on EODD ;-)

So we’re not panicking at all here at our house, and keeping up the healthy lifestyle, “laughing” at the bugs.

Love the slight sarcasm of the article :)

7. Ilona says:

Jon, thanks for these facts I didn’t know them, and really helpful too. I live in England and what I hear on the radio at all the time that how many ‘more’ people has been discovered by having this ‘swine flu’. I have an elder friend whom I spoke about this earlier on this week and she said that she actually had sent her husband to get some masks from the pharmacy, but he couldn’t get any as they already have run out… so see people are already scared, cos the media has that huge power by saying one thing and than take it as a fact.
    By me I’m not so worried as I just been sick. I had something 2 weeks ago, which might been a flu or just a very bad cold not sure. For one night I had the shivers as well, then the next morning I was feeling much better then at night, the feeling ‘I’m-gonna-die’ lasted for a week then my voice changed to a cracking (deep-sexy) voice, sometimes couldn’t barley speak but that also lasted for a week. I honestly haven’t done much to get recovered; just doubled my vitamin supplement dose all the way through and only took medication when my head hurt. I kinda felt funny though…cos i felt so much energy in me but on the other hand felt the pain and weakness….sum this up hehehe cos then it might have been that what it called swine flu… :D But hey I’m here fine healthy after all on the end… :)

8. Lance says:

I am writing this suffering from my first Flu in at least 3 years. I doubt it is the swine flu but it would not bother me anymore if it was. The swine flu seems to be killing the same type of person the regular flu does. People with either underdeveloped or compromised immune systems.

I always try to keep my hands away from any hole in my head and that includes the ears. Ears, nose and Throat are all connected and possible ways for a virus to enter your body. I also try to wash my hands several times a day and especially soon after shaking someones hand.

Sooner or later however a virus is still probably gonna find you. Best way to kill one is to make sure your immune system is in the best shape possible.

9. K Gopal Rao says:

I dunno what the US media has been saying, but here in India, there is a sense of perspective on the main aspect, which eve Jin seems to have missed by my reckoning. This is that world-wide the common flu has been around for decades and so a lot of people have built up immunity, in spite of which, as Jon says, it takes 36ooo lives yearly. The swine-flu is reportedly a new strain with zero immunity in humans as yet. So, IF we allow it to get going, 36ooo will look like peanuts besides the toll it can take, given a worst case scenario of infection not being controlled. Now, isn’t that something to e concerned about? Not to panic, for panic never helps, but to pull out all the stops and prevent it spreading? Thats the message that needs to be put across, I think.

• Jon says:

I wish I had that much faith (or that little skepticism perhaps?) re: the media, but I do not. The same thing has been seen before. Bird flu, for example.

However, you make several excellent points: Yes, it’s wise to be alerted to new strains of something, but the flu virus is “continually” evolving into new strains — that’s why flu vaccines change every year.

In a few months I suppose the debate will be moot, but it’s great to interact with you K Gopal Rao on it! Let’s hope I’m correct on this one… ; )