Engaged!

Just in case you missed the news… yep, I’m engaged!

Hanna, My Fiancé

Hanna and I on our engagement night

My fiancĂ©’s name is Hanna. She’s from Iraq… Baghdad actually. She grew up there and modeled in Lebanon, taught history, and then moved here 1.5 years go.

To let you know how clueless I was about the Middle East, I thought every woman from Baghdad wore burkas and were forbidden to speak! (I’m kidding… but I was almost THAT clueless!)

Hanna educated me on the reality of Middle Eastern culture, and from there a great friendship turned into a wonderful romance.

We met in Austin, Texas where we will both be moving in August. I’m leaving my part-time home in San Diego, despite the INCREDIBLE weather, to be around the dozens of friends we’ve already made in Austin.

For those of you not from Texas, Austin is widely-held as the coolest place to live in the State that loves to forget it’s own history. (See “Texas School Board vs Reality”, coming soon to a theater near you.) It’s still hot as hell, but it’s a very pretty town full of really Bohemian-style people… well, a mix actually. Fun place for music, too.

I’m excited as both Hanna and I will be training with world-class figure trainer (and bodybuilder) Dave “The Texas Shredder” Gooden. Dave and I met a few weeks ago and I think we’ll be able to push my 46 (nearly 47) year old body to the absolute max. Hanna has just started working out and already she’s finding toned legs and a curvy butt that makes her look even more beautiful than before… and that’s a feat! ; )

Until July 6th…

You can pick up a free “mystery” book (one of my top-selling e-books!) FREE when you pick up The Every Other Day Diet.

It’s my way of continuing the celebration of my engagement!

Go here:

Every Other Day Diet PLUS Free E-Book!

Enjoy the video on that page, and the free stuff coming your way.

Comments are welcome below…

Tags: , ,

110 Responses to “Engaged!”

1. Jon says:

@Dolores: Possibly… we’re considering it. Right now Tyler the Dog is quite sufficient. : )

2. Hanna says:

Hi everyone, this is Hanna (soon to be Hanna Benson! Yea!)

Thank you so much for the warm words and kindness.

You have made me feel like a have an extended family and a lot of new friends.

Thanks, with all my love,

Hanna

Just keep making that crazy Arabic tuna fish for me… : )

Tyler says “woof”… love you.

3. Jo says:

Hiya,
    Very best of luck to you both, I’m sure you won’t need it!!! I’ve just got engaged myself to a wonderful guy. The world is full of amazing stuff sometimes! Much love to you xx

Thanks Jo! Kudos to you too! : )

4. paul says:

Happy for you Jon, Best wishes for your future together.

Thanks Paul!

5. Lori says:

Congratulations and much happiness to you. I recently married a “gym rat,” myself, and we couldn’t be happier. Thanks also for all the tips in your newsletter, and your Fit Over 40 book, (which I LOVE – bought the hard copy), and still refer to. Blessings to you both.

Hey Gym Rat Lori! Love that term… I’m definitely a rodent of some sort pertaining to the gym…heh… And thank you SO much for the kind words re: Fit Over 40! Glad you love the book. : )

6. Matahari says:

Heyas from Singapore *waves* :)
    Gratz Jon and Hannah! You two look FANTASTIC !:))

Hey back from the States! Thanks Matahari!

7. Marcia says:

Congratulations!! God’s blessings to you! Thanks for advice and love over the years.

Marcia, you’re more than welcome… and thanks for mentioning love. Advice is cheap. Well, my advice isn’t but… (ha!) Love is hard to convey through the internet, but I’m glad so many of my readers pick up on it. : )

8. Purcell Jackson says:

Hey Ben how are you
    Congratulations are in order for the wonderful move you have made. I myself have deen married fro the last 16 years and it has been wonderful. I wish you all God’s richest blessings and prosperity and as well you both keep loving each other till the end of time.You indeed have found yourself a very beautiful bride to be. All the very best and just so you know you’re in my prayers always. Blessings much and God’s speed.

Purcell

Purcell, I love to hear successful wedding stories, so kudos to you and your family! End of time is indeed the goal my friend. Take care.

9. Lois says:

Jon and Hanna,
    Congratulations to you! I wish you all the best the world has to offer and more! As you embark upon this journey in life together, remember that the package is not the gift. I know that you will enjoy a long and healthy life as you continue to practice your own teachings and share yourself with us.
    Thank you. Sincerely, Lois

Thanks Lois! I love the quote, “The package is not the gift.” I think in 10 years that will mean even more to me. I’m grateful for your insight!

10. Regi says:

Jon “Congratulations” on the engagement, she is a very beautiful lady and your are a handsome couple. Life has a lot to offer…Enjoy!!

Best wishes…Regi

Thanks so much Regi… Life indeed has its rewards and surprises!

11. Peter says:

It’s a pleasure to see you both smile and look very happy, Hanna is beautiful and I hope you make each other happy for life, look after him Hanna, without Jon’s help I would still be in my rut instead of feeling good every day now, thanks Jon.

Peter, thank you so very much for those words. She does a wonderful job of looking after me. : ) I’m SO glad to hear your life is going upward. If I helped in any way, it’s me that is grateful.

12. Chip says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! you both look beautiful

Thanks so much Chip!

13. Lavinia says:

You both look cool and very attractive and and such an amazing match !!! I am sure it is also a hearts tie that will make you both tackle hurdles together, Anything is possible by the 2 rather then 1. I wish you both peace and happiness!!

Thanks so much Lavinia! I agree; 1+1 = 3 when it comes to a healthy relationship. : )

14. Nancy says:

Awww…Congrats you two! May the Lord bless you with a long, happy, healthy, fit and abundant life!

Thanks so much Nancy!

15. Sarah says:

Hi Jon and Hanna:

Very best wishes! I have been married for almost 30 years and I would like to give you this enduring advice (please forgive me! :)): If you decide to have children: when we did, my husband asked our pediatrician (when our first child was born) “What is the one most important piece of advice you can give me about raising our child to be happy and healthy?” Without batting an eyelash, the doctor said “Love their mother”. Love and cherish her forever and happiness will come to you one hundred fold.

Sarah, this is wonderful advice indeed! I will… promise. : ) Jon

16. Ivan says:

I am really glad you have finally settled down and get “serious”,all this time waiting for the right person did definetely paid off for you.Hanna is a gift from God to you my friend, take good care of her and you will be happy for the rest of your life.Take it from your 64 year “young” friend from Brampton,Canada,who have been married for over 38+ years,and stil going strong…Jon,I stil have your authographed book you left for me while in Toronto some years ago,your book is greatly treasured,and very inspiring,it keep me busy working out[with our youngest son who is 23] and judging by the comments from guys half my age I think your stuff [from the book] IS working for me greatly,being 64 and at 6’1″ and steady 185 lbs,for the last 5 years I plan to be around for a while.
    I have a friend who just moved from PA to Austin recently with his wife and they loved the place.
    I do wish you and your beautiful laidy all the best in all you do,looking forward to meet you both some day.If you ever plan to visit Toronto Canada in near future let me know.Thank you kindly for your book,and for sharing with all of us your happiness.

Hey Ivan! Great to hear from you… and I’m glad you’re still rockin’ it hard. 38 years… wow. Glad you got the book… I wanted to make sure you did, so thanks for letting me know. Love to meet up — and now you have a good reason to come to Austin! Jon

17. Janet says:

Congrats, hope you have many wonderful and healthy years together.

Thanks so much Janet!

18. Patti says:

Congrats!! you are a beautiful couple. Enjoy every moment together!! Thanks Jon for all the wonderful info.

Thanks Patty! I really do appreciate it when folks mention the info as well as the VERY kind words for us. Makes me focus on how to give more. : )

19. vinod dimri says:

Hi Jon and Hanna,
    Thanks Jon for sharing your great news!Congrats you two!I am from India, You are made for each other and looking wonderful. Take care

Thanks so much Vinod! We love India. Many of my readers hail from there, and I look forward to visiting one day soon. Take care.

20. vandana says:

Congratulations.
    The inevitable…..on….more excitement….more happiness…n more love….n…. so life goes on .

Forever n ever

Indeed… thanks Vandana!

21. fereal says:

MABROUK LI IL 3AROUSAIN

From Hanna:

shokran ala msharak al taeba!

22. mike says:

Congratulations – It is great to see East meets West and Jon I am sure you will have a wonderful life learning more about mid eastern culture, how beautiful and rich in love and kindness it is and what wonderful and caring people they are. You are truly blessed. God Bless You!

Thanks Mike… could not agree more. It’s been a wonderful learning experience.

23. Lizzy says:

Congratulations to you, Jon and Hanna. Hanna is quite gorgeous and you Jon, the suit looks very good on you. You make a beautiful couple. I wish you the very best.

Thanks Lizzy! I like the suit too…: ) And of course I agree with the complement to Hanna. Ha!

24. BRENDAN says:

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOR BEAUTIFUL BRIDE TO BE ! ” MAY THE BEST DAYS OF YOUR PAST BE THE WORST DAYS OF YOUR FUTURE” – keep up the good work.

Thanks Brendan! Will-do, for sure.

25. Paula Jean says:

Hey Jon,

Way to go! You make a wonderful couple – I wish you both the very best!!!

Mile High hugs,
    Paula Jean

Thanks Paula Jean! We both appreciate it.

26. Stan Sexton says:

Is Hanna Chaldean?

No Stan, her mom was Armenian. : )

27. Kimberly says:

Jon Congratulations to you and Hanna on
    your engagement! Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
    Kim

Thanks Kim! We both appreciate the kind words. Jon

28. sarah says:

congrats!!!…you two make a lovely couple.All the best in the future.

Thanks so much Sarah! : )

29. Angela Liu says:

Hi Jon,

Congratulation! Yes I’ve just got back from Israel and had met some beautiful middle east women. Wish you both an everlasting love.

Angela.

Indeed Angela… incredible. I never knew until I met Hanna. My friend Mike Geary (author of The Truth About Abs) is now dating an Arabic woman as well. Must be in the water. Hopefully we can bridge some gaps between our cultures and see a peaceful world in our lifetime… or at least our children’s. I can dream… : )

30. kevin says:

Best of luck to you both,may god bless you Hanna with continued good health wealth and happiness,One word of advise Jon which my Father passed on to me,never try to undestand women and remember they are ALWAYS right!it makes life sooooo much easier ha ha love to you both x

I have a hard time with that one… but fortunately Hanna is cool with that flaw in my persona… : ) Thanks Kevin! Jon

31. Ursula says:

Congrats. Very pretty girl. I wish you both all of the best. Have a wonderful life together. Still enjoy your newsletters and specially the Every Other Day Diet book that I ordered a while back. Thanks again and all the best.
    Ursula

Thanks Ursula! I’m happy that you are enjoying Every Other Day Diet and we appreciate your kind words. Jon

32. Steven Mincheff says:

nnnnooooooooooo!!! an Idol has FALLEN!! haha just kidding, best of luck to both of you.
    Hey- here’s an idea- next contest winner gets Jon’s little black book???
    (Hanna’s idea, but, I’ll take credit)
    Thanks for all the help Jon, keep it coming!!

Man, I laughed out-loud literally on this one Steven! My little black book could be printed on a single sheet of 8.5×11 paper… with room to spare… but you’re welcome to it. : )

33. supinder says:

Congratulations! Good luck for the future!!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

34. Yvonne says:

Congratulations to Jon & Hanna. May your life be filled with health, peach and happiness. You both look great …

All the way from the Republic of South Africa.

Thanks so much Yvonne! Jon