She doesn’t let a little thing like CANCER stop her

In a few minutes I’m going to share a story with you that stopped me in my tracks this morning.

I looked at my fiancé Hanna and just cried.

I STILL don’t know what to say about this woman. About her courage. About her faith in LIFE.

I’ll let you decide.

And in case you’re wondering, I’m NOT going to include a link to buy something.

I cannot use this for “marketing”…

BUT: I can and WILL use it to inspire the dickens out of YOU. To MOVE you to action.

More — after my rant about “testimonials”.

Look:

I don’t normally send out glowing testimonies from my readers in every email.

I should, I guess. I get literally hundreds, if not thousands each year.

More people would buy my books. More people would get leaner and probably healthier.

Perhaps I should… but I don’t.

I don’t even have a lot of testimonies on my product home pages. Most have NONE.

( Marketing 101: I fail. ; )

The reason: A lot of testimonials are just made- up by nasty marketers.

How easy is that, right?

“Susie Q lost over 10 BILLION POUNDS…”

That kind of stuff. Fake pictures.

Yuck.

Never done it. Never will.

If you see a testimony from me, it has passed the Big 3 Test:

1. Person sent it on their own free will.
2. Person responded to my request to use it.
3. Person gave realistic results.

So, yeah — thousands of them.

Here recently we just started using “Shopper Approved” on our delivery pages.

In less than a week, here’s a snapshot of our ratings as determined by real clients leaving real feedback:

JonBensonFitness.com Shopper Approved stats

My goal is 5 stars out of 5. It’s unrealistic, but we’re shooting for it anyway. We’re 4.4 out of 5 with almost 2,000 reviews in a week.

Here’s how hard that 5 star thing is:

—- >  The Bible has 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon.com.

Wow… tough.

Something to note: I left in the 2 and 1-star reviews. Why not keep it real, right?

However, several 1-star reviews simply said, “Love the product, but never recommend any product to friends.”

Everyone else didn’t receive their download links, which is due to emails NOT being always realiable… or had another concern we can easily resolve.

That’s the product/testimonial/service update…

Rant over.

NOW:

Let me tell you about Cathryn.

Cathryn lost a bunch of weight using my book “The Every Other Day Diet.”

( No link… if you want to look it up, do so on your own. This story is about Cathryn. )

Cathryn then gained back 20-odd lb …

“Ah-HA!” you say… “The dietplan didn’t work over the long-haul…. they never do….”

Er… not really.

Cathryn gained back 20+ because of the drugs being pumped into her system.

Drugs required to kill the cancer that’s still living inside her body.

Today, Cathryn is “suffering” through chemo.

I say “suffering” because this gal could make a tsunami sound like nice surfing potential.

There’s optimism, and then there’s Cathryn.

Read for yourself:

“Making fruits and vegetables, with emphasis
on vegetables, and reasonable amounts of protein
the basis of one’s diet is clearly the way to go-esp.
as one gets older.”

“We all need fewer calories as we age. Relying
on vegetables and lean forms of protein for most
calories helps keep us thinner, our digestive systems
healthier and our energy levels more balanced.”

“Guess what? It’s all in EODD in a clear easy to
understand (and follow) format!”

That may sound like a “promo” I wrote, but it was actually Cathryn’s blog post.

She continued:

“I’m currently on drugs for post-breast cancer
treatment (2nd time). They make me very sick.
I was feeling sicker when following the diet the
oncologist recommended.”

“But then I started following the EODD plan and within
a week started feeling less sick, more energetic,
and more functional overall.”

At this point I had to interject my note of caution.

While I would COMPLETELY stand by the fact that EODD is superior to what most doctors would use for patients, as most docs know jack-crap about nutrition, this is ‘cancer’ we’re dealing with here.

And I’m not a doctor.

And I’m truly concerned for Cathryn.

So, I asked her to check with her doctor. I also
passed by some research for her to look into.
(She already had… should have known. : )

Here’s her response:

“Yup. Sure did, also Walter L. Voegtlin, and the
Kitava Study…

“With this diet, forcing myself to keep moving at
least a little bit (except on the days I get the IV
cocktail), and acupuncture, I’m managing. So
much is just what’s in one’s head.

“And, hey, it’s only temporary. All this will pass.
But not my diet changes. I only wanted to lose
the 20 lb gained when first on all the drugs, and
they are melting awaaaaaaay.

“I’m gonna live and live well!… “

WOW.

Just… freakin’ … WOW.

I’d love to sit here and tell you that I’d have the desire and courage to follow a healthy dietplan … dare I say even BURN bodyfat off… while I have an I.V. full of toxic chemo stuck in my arm.

I’d love to say that. I can’t.

I’m not that strong.

Cathryn is.

Listen: YOU NEED to hear that people like this not only exist, but exist all around us.

YOU may very well BE a person just like this.

Just like Cathryn.

If you’re like me… wondering if you could be that strong… then perhaps you’ll find renewed strength as I did from Cathryn’s story.

Maybe you have a story of your own.

If you do… or even if you do NOT… do this:

1. COMMENT BELOW.

Please, send Cathryn your best wishes. If you pray, let her know you’re praying for her.

2. Share your OWN story of success OR of pain. Struggling? Hey, I can relate. Doesn’t make you a bad person. It makes you human.

Share it if you want.

Or share something inspirational… something real.

If you ask me, this is more vital than any sale or any testimonial.

Cathryn, we’re pulling for you.

And something tells me you’re going to be living life no matter what it tosses your way.

Bravo, dear girl.

Jon Dana Benson

P.S. You may be asking yourself if I feel flattered that a reader is using one of my books to help her FEEL BETTER (not just drop bodyfat) during a time where most people would just curl up and shelter the storm.

Yes I do.

More than that, however, I feel desperate.

There’s that word again: Desperation.

Desperate to do more than I do for people. Desperate to work harder on EODD to make it even better.

Desperate to communicate a message of hope that ALSO has a message of action.

The best kind of desperation you can have.

The kind that prompts you to be better.

Wish me luck.

P.P.S.  Important author disclaimer: After reading everyone’s incredible words of encouragement, I feel compelled to add two important caveats to this discussion. I am in no way endorsing ANY alternative means of healing, medicine, cancer cures, or religious ideologies from a personal or professional stance. The reasons for this stance are (legally) obvious. My personal convictions are being set aside in some cases because this story deserves the voice of my READERS, not just myself. (Good…now my attorney is a happy camper. ; )

Thanks, and keep sending positive messages!

Tags: , , ,

96 Responses to “She doesn’t let a little thing like CANCER stop her”

1. Staci says:

For someone who is so upbeat and positive through this terrible illness, I am very sure that you can beat this thing called
    CANCER! Continue to be strong and may God Bless You!! You’re a great inspiration.

• Cathryn says:

Well, my mother always told me to work on the right set of wrinkles. Frowns just won’t do it. But crows’ feet are good. So, I just keep remembering that this is only for a short time in the grand scheme of things. And, well, Jesus is with me in all of it. But I try not to push that too much when talking to people I don’t know at all.
      But really, this plan of eating is the way to go. I don’t throw up anymore. Maybe because I’m used to the poison. But I suspect it’s because my system is not having to fight so hard.

• Zack says:

HI Cathryn, I want to wish good luck and have a speedy recovery and furthermore, i have been inspired by what you did and i hope you continue being optimise and be happy each day. Best wishes and I am praying for you.

2. Connie says:

Cathryn… You BET I’m praying for you! Your story is an absolute inspiration, and your positive attitude is what will keep you on the BEST side of a bad situation. Stomp it out, and get on with your life. You go, girl!

• Cathryn says:

You know, cancer is just such a colossal waste of time. It messes with your life, the lives of those around you and with your social community. But I’m determined to let this little blip of a year in my life be just that, a blip. God willing, I will be able to say this year was only 1/70th or so of my life. Two more months, 6 more cocktails. And you can look at fat loss that way, too-or just think about today. One of the lessons of cancer is that you look both to the end of the run and at the immediate sidewalk in front of you. Just like when entering a fitness program. Don’t lose your sights, Connie!

3. James says:

You go girl, I beat my cancer 7 year ago and now try to keep the weight off. Keep you chin up and know that I am praying for you.

• Cathryn says:

So James, you also know that everything can be seen from the long term and the short term. We both have a very vested interest in making sure we stick to some reasonable nutrition plan in order to keep the beast away. In my case, it didn’t quite work the first time. But I hope this time it will. If you love the people around you, you will do your very best to save them early grief and avoid ‘fat’ cancer. This is not a lightly taken effort. And if you fall off the wagon one day, well, tomorrow is the day to renew your efforts. You know this already. Me? Two more months of craziness and then the work of getting back on track. You made it once. I can do it again.

4. Carol says:

Sending you good vibes, best wishes and prayers Cathryn. I had breast cancer (only once, thank God) and am now still clear after 15 years…….I did it and so will you!!!! Positive attitude is equally (if not more) important to recovery than all the medics can do, and girl you have it!!!! Keep the faith, and get well as soon as you can!!!!!

• Cathryn says:

Sister! As you well know, positive attitude is where it’s at! So wonderful to read you are 15 years in remission! If you are working on losing some fat, well compared to what you went through with cancer, the diet change for better fat/muscle balance is easy as a-b-c, or that once a week piece of pie… Do please hold me in prayer. Only 2 more months of chemo. Maybe I can get my brains back then.

5. Dan Nystrom says:

Dearest Cathryn,
    I wish you the best in your cancer fight. You are brave and strong. I’m enclosing a link to the best cancer information that I know of. It seems very consistent with the way you are eating with some additional cancer specifics. My wife’s aunt did the Gerson program over 30 years ago for colon cancer and is alive today and in her 80′s.

May God bless you in your recovery.
    Sincerely,
    Dan

• Renee Villani says:

The Gerson method rocks!!

• Cathryn says:

Ah! This is news to me and happily received! Thank you for the link. I’m a public librarian and firmly believe in research as the answer to many of life’s bumps. Thrity years ago many many people were dying of colon cancer because it was found so late in the process. So this is a great tesitmony! Two more months of chemo. It should pass pretty quickly now. I offer you my prayers also-that neither you nor your wife ever get any form of cancer. Since you are working on Jon’s plan, I would say you are doing the right thing to avoid those ‘fat’ cancers. Don’t lose heart!

6. Frances says:

Cathryn you are truly a blessing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Never give up!

• Cathryn says:

Thanks for the encouragement! I won’t give up! Right now I have 2 more months of chemo, so I am more than halfway done. Since this is my second round, I know I’ll make it through. And because I am on a clean diet, thanks to Jon’s research and postings, I feel so much better than I did the first time. I hope you won’t give up either! You can reach your goals, as long as you don’t ever let them get out of sight. Find a dress you love and make sure you set a goal of when you can fit into it. Works everytime.

7. Patricia says:

Cathryn, you make me feel ashamed. I really need to lose weight but lack motivation to stick to a healthy diet. If you can do it while still dealing with health problems then I have no excuse. You are an inspiration and I am praying for your return to normal good health.

• Cathryn says:

Patricia, shame is not a happy emotion. You’ll lget the wrong set of wrinkles. So, even if you don’t do the exercise part of the modified Paleolithic diet, you can still do the food part of it. One day at a time. Sometimes one hour or minute at a time. You can do it! Don’t look at yourself and say you are fat. Look at yourself and say you are working on getting thinner. Much more positive and more likely to work. Never give up! If you fall off the wagon, it will stop for you so you can climb back on. It’s not going to roll away. Chin up, sweetie! Life is one amazing roller-coaster! (Of course right now I’m in the part where your stomach does strange things, but that will pass soon enough. Hopefully you always stay out of that part.)

• Roger Johnson says:

Dearest Cathryn
      I too have experienced the dreaded “C” in 1999.I was devastated when I heard the word.Then I thought,why me until I heard or read testimonies like yours.It was then that I stopped whimpering and said to myself I want to live.
      My prayers and love go out to you that you have belief that is stronger than your enemy and that your will to be with those you love here on earth.
      I tell you Jon and his VIVE for life had me join a Health Club and not too long ago begin eating right on the EODD.I have never felt better.
      You can and will beat this intruder very soon.

PS: I’m heading into my twelfe year of remission.

• Cathryn says:

Yeah, those dark days when you think that the whole world and even God Himself are against you are pretty lousy, aren’t they? But lightness and good are stronger than evil. So they can win, if you just let them. As I have said in other posts to this message-my mother always told me to work in the correct set of wrinkles-Crows’ feet! And I do volunteer work with Imerman’s Angels. It’s a great upbeat group. They/we do 1-on-1 cheerleading for people undergoing cancer treatments for all types of cancer all over the US. They definitely keep me on track. So many people have it worse than I do…..

8. simon says:

Cathryn
    its truly ispirational to to read your words, my wife is in remission for 15yrs now from Non hodgkins Lymphoma
    (disagnosed at 21) so Jon I know (like many) what you are going through.

thoughts and prayers are with you-keep your chin (and veges) up

• Cathryn says:

Well, actually, Jon and I have never seen each other. But I read his blog and definitely follow his research. All that aside, the more stories I hear of those who have beaten back cancer, the easier it becomes to do what needs to be done. My veins are black, but that doesn’t mean my mood has to match! two more months and I can start to put my life together again! It’s not so long now.

9. Gail says:

Cathryn, Hang in there, I too am a survivor. I wish I’d known about EODD when I was on the drip 6 yrs ago. One day we will abolish this blasted disease, which is why I am active with the ‘Susan G Komen 3-Day For the Cure’ Breast Cancer walk. I don’t want my daughter, your daughter, or anyone’s mother, sister, daughter, wife…or brother, father, son, husband, to deal with it. I’m so glad EODD is helping.

Thank you for being such an inspiration, and may God’s blessings and healing be with you now and always.

• Cathryn says:

I’m like you-never want anyone to ever get this disease. And don’t want us to get it again! BUT keeping the system clean with easily digested foods is clearly the big help here. And I have great faith that the Lord will bring me through it. On that point I am absolutely solid. I volunteer with Imerman’s Angels, to help others who are undergoing treatment. They are still looking for people to help cheer cancer patients of all typs of cancer, not just breast cancer. You might want to look up the website. They are here in Chicago, but the work is done by phone. Volunteers and patients are from all over the country. It’s good work.

10. Renee Villani says:

God bless you Cathryn as you travel this path… one of my favorite poems regarding cancer is done anonymously…

Cancer is so limited…
    It cannot cripple love.
    It cannot shatter hope.
    It cannot corrode faith.
    It cannot eat away peace.
    It cannot destroy confidence.
    It cannot kill friendship.
    It cannot shut out memories.
    It cannot silence courage.
    It cannot reduce eternal life.
    It cannot quench the Spirit.

• Cathryn says:

AMEN! The first time I had cancer, I made an embroidery picture of this powerful mantra. I still have it . On the days I am the most debilitated, I read it over and over again. Cancer, oddly, gives it’s patients a new sort of life. Not what is expected, but a new life just the same.

11. Kim says:

Dear Cathryn;

My thoughts and prayers are with you. May I suggest a book, if you’re not familiar with it already, “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Dr. Joseph Murphy.

Blessings and light,

Kim

• Cathryn says:

Oh, YEAH! I know this one! I’m actually a librarian, but Jon didn’t know that. However, thank you for the reminder of this book. I need to go through it again. Very powerful indeed. And do please stay on track yourself with this nutritional style. I think it’s the only one that can actually work for all of one’s life. More vegetables!

12. Shawna says:

Go girl! I know medicines mess with weight. I’m on prednisone for chronic asthma. I’ll tell you that stuff makes me want to eat 24/7. I have been heavy all my life because of it. This has been the ONLY diet so far that has made me lose 53lbs. Hang in there and GOODLUCK!

• Cathryn says:

Whoa! YOU go girl! So nice you finally found a way to get your weight and fat levels in line. It’s such a drag when meidcations keep you from doing what you know you want to do! Happy to you that you found an easy, simple way to give yourself better health! Don’t worry if you fall off the path. You can find it again easily. Just think greeeeeeeeen! :)

13. Lynne says:

Cathryn your story brought tears to my eyes as it took me back to ten years ago when my then ten year old daughter had cancer. Like you she was exceptional, believed she would be fine even as they wheeled her into intensive care with doctors wondering how she was still alive let alone fighting. She turned 21 this year and to this day we know that it was a combination of her determined upbeat spirit, massive chemo and fresh vegetable juices that kept her with us. She would have chemo and then we would get her to drink as much vegetable juice as she could tolerate. Interestingly her recovery from chemo was twice as fast as that of children not receiving the juice! We dropped everything to laugh and have fun between chemo’s as soon as she was able believing that keeping positive and enjoying life was the best thing to do for her. Keep fighting and Vege-ing and laugh as much and as often as you can and I will hope and pray that you will win the battle against your disease. You are an inspiration to everyone!

• Cathryn says:

Thank you for this! I will indeed keep working on those happiness wrinkles. Sooooooooooooooooo happy to learn your daughter made it through and is still in remission. It is definitely what happens in one’s head that helps the process. Along with faith, and a clean diet the best armaments are right at hand-as you learned. At 21 your daughter is a wonderful reminder that every moment of life is a gift. Don’t ever procrastinate. You might not live to do what you hope to do. I’m sure you’ve learned that lesson well.

14. Cathryn,

Though we do not know each other personally, we do in the “Cancer Survivor Sisterhood.” When I had cervical, breast and a nest of tumors in my face in a six month period, I discovered that one of the key messages from the Cancer Survivor Sisterhood was to say “I Am A Survivor” NOW, right NOW, while you are still going through treatment. Doing this refocused my thinking and my intentions within and gave me so much courage and strength!!!

Like you, I also resolved to do the impossible. When I got my fifth diagnosis of cancer, I called a minister I know named Eric O’dell. When I told him I had cancer AGAIN, he said “I challenge you to find the joy in this.” At first I asked him, “Are you out of your f****** MIND?” But then I accepted his challenge after he said, “Hey, who said cancer has to be a bad thing. Who made that The Law Of cancer anyway hmmmm? You can’t see from where you are right now. This could be the best thing to ever happen to you.” And oddly enough it was. I got ALL the TOXIC people and foods out of my life and changed my life around to focus on things that give me joy. Even when it was darkest, I found things I could laugh about and I took comfort in the many tiny extraordinarymiracles that come through our lives every single day. And I determined that I was going to find the JOY in cancer. And I became known around here where I live as The Joy Ambassador for Cancer. So ya never know. I’m just sayin”!

I know this is round two for you. But it is not a death sentence by any means. I am a testimony to five times cancer survivor all of different kinds. So don’t give up. It will knock you on your ass for sure at times, but you sound like you have a really great guy in Jon by your side. That can also make all the difference in the world.

So you are now an official member of The Cancer Sisterhood that you never wished you had had to join. But we welcome you with open arms. Don;’t ever be afraid to ask for help. Cancer will make you stronger and tougher and you will know your own courage in ways you never dreamed.

If I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We are bonded.

It will get better. You will survive. You will laugh again. I am sure of it.

And by the way to Jon: I know you are really really scared. It’s so hard to feel so inadequate to the task at hand and perhaps powerless to help change this particular situation. And from my experience, the most helpful thing was really healthy good food like you SO know how to do, doing silly things like folding paper airplanes…..and, more than anything else, just to be held and hear “I love you.” So just focus on the simple things. And just hold this dear woman that you love so very much.

Warm regards,
    Mary Anne

Mary Anne Dorward
    madorward@myrealvoice.com.

PS: Also there is a wonderful cancer retreat center out here in the Pacific Northwest called Harmony Hill. Check it out:
    http://www.harmonyhill.org/. Just so you (and others_ know, It is free to cancer folks and their caretakers can come as many times as they need to for free as well.

• Cathryn says:

FIVE TIMES! Oh, my dear Sister in Cancer! But you lived. And you have a rich life. It’s probably richer because of what you went through. Now you know your strengths and limits. See? This is a rough patch. But in the grand scheme of things, I know I can overcome all of it. Life will go on . You have given me much to think about. Sobering, but also uplifting.
      Actually, Jon and I don’t know each other at all-except through his website. My own husband divorced me during the first round of cancer. Total bummer. But he couldn’t deal with it at all. Oh well. After the initial shock, I got on with life. My daughters are wonderful cheerleaders! So, if you could make through this mess, I’m sure I can.
      Thanks also for the Harmony Hill link. I might go there towards the end of the cocktail party (treatments) to really clean out my system and experience the joy of communion with other brothers and sisters in Cancerville.
      The Lord bless and hold you above all ills. Warm wishes that you always stay in remission. Cathryn

15. Marie says:

Cathryn,

You are an inspiration for every woman in the world.
    Keep up your positive attitude. It’s catchy!
    All my love and prayers are with you.

• Cathryn says:

And all the women who have had this disease are an inspiration for me! Two more months of the Cocktail Party (treatments) and then I slowly get my brains (and hair) back! Wheeeeeeeeee! You can meet your goals on this plan. You can also improve your energy. On top of all that, it makes your skin look divine. But Jon never talks about that-he’s a guy. Sugar actually ages your skin prematurely. don ‘t lose heart!

16. Mischa says:

My boyfriend was just diagnosed with Lymphoma this week. It is very encouraging to hear that the EODD helps in recovery. He hasn’t eaten very healthy heretofore, but I think he may be more concerned with it now. I will be praying for Cathryn as I pray for him for strength, wellness, and your continuing to inspire others with hope. Thank you!

• Cathryn says:

Oh, Mischa! This is hard news for you to take. I am sad for how helpless this much make you feel. But I truly do believe in this system. The first time around I was not eating anything like the things I eat now-even though I was/am vegetarian. I can tell you that 4 years later, I feel much better while ingesting my cocktails of drugs, even though I am older. Amazing. Help him stay on track. And help him work on the laugh wrinkles. It truly helps. You have probably seen the links and books recommended to me in response to what Jon wrote. You might want to use them, too. Steady on, Girl! This can be something that shows you how much you love your boyfriend, and how much he loves you. And that is one of the gifts cancer gives-you truly find out how much love there is in your life.

17. Marcy says:

Dear Cathryn,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I also had cancer. I am happy to say that I “survived”. With your attitude, I know you will as well.

God Bless You,
    Marcy

• Cathryn says:

Thank you! I will indeed. As you, my sister in cancer know, much of your ability to cope and heal depends on what is in your mind. I had no idea Jon was going to post this on the blog. When he asked if he could use it, I thought he would just talk to his clients about me as a way to encourage them when they got discouraged. But this reaches many other people, so I am content. The level of love and support here is so surprising and stunning. The world is not actually a cold place most of the time. I forget that sometimes.

18. Michael says:

Dear Cathryn,

You greatly inspired me today. THANK YOU! Fight the good fight and never give up. Nature’s music is never over; Her silences are pauses, not conclusions. My wish, my hope, is for your complete recovery. I see you up on the hill, bathed in light, sword drawn, smiling! You are in my prayers!

Be Glorious,

Michael

• Cathryn says:

After what has happened today? No I won’t give up. The powers of darkness are only there to remind us of the power of light, love and communion of human spirit. You have the same name as my deceased brother. He was ever a champion for those who could not manage, or had great trouble managing life.. The image of me on a hill with blazing light and a sword is actually how he drew me in the month before he died (bad accident). He said I would always be in a ray of light as long as I lived. Well, here-20 years later-is the image again. Clearly, God wants me to remember that and to take strength from it. Thank you! Two more months of chemo and then onto the next phase of life. Thankfully, by then we will be pulling out of this grey Midwestern winter!
      And you, Michael, I hope you can achieve your goals with this nutrional style and with the great encouragement Jon provides with each of his newsletters. You also are in the light.

19. Sourindra Chaudhuri says:

Cathryn, hope you remain strong like this; all my prayers are with you!!

• Cathryn says:

Thank you! Two more months and I’ll be in a home stretch of sorts because the poisons won’t still be entering my system. Instead, I can really work on getting them out!

20. Annemarie says:

Dear Cathryn,

My thoughts are with you and am sending you additional strength to fight this thing. Stay positive and you will beat this just as you did before. Listen to the sounds of nature around you and gather your inner strength from it’s serenity. Bathe in the warmth of the moon’s glow and know the universe is with you.

May the Goddess watch over and protect you.

Annemarie

• Cathryn says:

Absolutely. We recently had a huge snow where I live. The next day the temperature was about 4 degrees F. I was out in it taking mental pictures of the frozen beauty around me. And then it was a full moon! Soooooo beautiful. I so very much believe in the rejuvenative abilities of the Creation-even in the coldest of winter days.

21. Larry says:

Cathryn-

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a very positive light in this somewhat negative world we live in. Thousands of prayers, a positive attitude and a love of God brought me through my cancer with glowing results-cancer free! Praise the Lord! And you will to will, with God’s love be cancer free. God bless you and keep that light burning!

Larry

• Cathryn says:

Everywhere there is light-if you look for it! Actually, sometimes when you don’t want to see light, it comes and shines in your eyes anyway. Totally true that God, prayers and attitude get one where one needs to go. The medical people just kind of help all that along with some potent chemicals for insurance. And you are free of the critter? Well, happy to you. Be sure to celebrate on you Cancerversary! Life is such a cool gift! You don’t want to ignore it!

22. Kathy says:

Cathryn, you are quite an inspiration!! I had surgery and chemo for breast cancer sixteen years ago, but just once, not twice, as you have had! You are in my prayers. You certainly have challenged all of us to live life to the fullest. May God Bless You!

• Cathryn says:

Well, clearly you learned whatever you were supposed to learn from your one experience with cancer. I suppose I just didn’t learn it the first time-so here we are again. Getting the picture of how to really live, sometimes takes longer for some of us. But if you are working on the fat/weightloss process, just remember, that like breast cancer you are only ever in remission. If you mess up the eating patterns you gain weight again. So too, with breast cancer, you are never cured. But it might be gone for a very long time, or even the rest of your life. The thing about weight and fat is that you can control that process. You can choose what to do. Cancer? Well, Cancer happens.

23. Sharon Brennan says:

Hi, Jon & Cathryn,

I was very moved by your story, Cathryn, and by the love that was apparent from your words and vulnerability, Jon. I am an EODD virgin, having just purchased the program a few days ago. I have been taking methotrexate (one of the medications used in cancer chemotherapy) once a week for the past 3 years to control heart damage caused by something called anti-phospholipid syndrome. The medication makes me very ill for two days each week, so I plan around it and try to have a good attitude, both for myself and to be a strong role model for my 15-year-old son, who has watched over the past 6 years as I went from working full-time in my 20-year public relations firm, to giving up my business when I could no longer work due to illness, becoming bedridden for much of that time from a degenerative spinal disorder, psoriatic arthritis, and other health issues. Between being sedentary, taking rounds of steroids, and developing a thyroid problem at the worst possible time, I have not been able to take off 65 pounds that I gained during the time that I was the most ill.

Cathryn, if the EODD has improved the way you feel even after you have a powerful chemo treatment, and you are seeing weight melting away as you fight cancer, then that inspires me even more! I know that I will need to plan carefully, since I have so many ups and downs each week, but I need a blueprint and this instinctively makes more sense to me than other plans. Thank you both for sharing your story, and my prayers are with you both!

• Cathryn says:

If you think of your week as a roller coaster, you probably can figure out how to make this work. On the days I get drugs, I make sure my diet is absolutely clean. Only vegetables. Not even and fruit or nuts. Keep your end goal in sight-but only live a day at a time. It can work! Unfortunately, only slowly. But don’t be discouraged. You didn’t gain the weight in a day. It can’t go away in a day either. You have a much harder row to hoe than me. My condition is temporary. What you might find, though-over a long period of time is that you are in better condition than you ever thought possible. Chin up! You and I both have children for whom we need to be good examples of how to deal with adversity. My daughters are older than your son (18 and 20), but the role of parent is the same. And Sharon-lean on those girlfriends around you! Don’t let yourself be alone all the time. So long as it is clear you are trying to be the best you can be in spite of your medical condition, they will be very very helpful at keeping you from sitting in pity for very long.

24. Ethel says:

Dear Cathryn I had breast cancer March20010 so far am doing well While having radiation I saw a lot of less fortunate than myself and am so gratefulI am here to say .the very best of luck to you with many happy years ahead. I will be praying for you

• Cathryn says:

So true about others who are worse than oneself. Compared even to a few of the stories I have seen here, I have it so much easier. Very soon you will celebrate your very first Cancerversary! Congratulations! And by the way- Imerman’s Angels wants you! I volunteer for them. We do 1-on-1 cheering for those in cancer treatment all over the country. The work is mostly done by e-mail or over the phone. It’s easy and the cancer buddies are wonderful people!

25. Liz says:

Thank you for sharing your story! I feel SO blessed just to read about you…good going Girl! You are going to come through this with flying colors…mental attitude is about 99.99 percent of the battle and with your attitude, it’s not going to be a battle at ALL!

• Cathryn says:

Getting breast cancer a second time was a real blow. But if I had wanted to die, no amount of chemicals would save me. On the other hand, thinking I would win makes the happy chemicals in my body work with the ‘curative’ poisons instead of against them. So, you get life-or some imitation thereof. We are down to the 2 month stretch and spring is coming (eventually)! If you want you can think of the EODD sort of like this too. At first it all seems so hard because you are changing life patterns. But then it just becomes part of life and you don’t think about it anymore. Sure, the spector of being fat can always be there. It just doesn’t mean you have to allow it to take up much of your mental space. Focus on the good and your good habits. Don’t dwell on the bad ones. You’ll just forget your good qualities and spiral into some pretty bad mess.

26. Heather says:

I wanted to write you a note, even though I have never had cancer. I did, however, have an autistic son. We learned the devastating news of his autism when he was three. But what we have learned from this journey through autism has been the best thing that ever happened to us. We of course changed his diet, supplements and began the SonRise program. After three and a half years, he has now fully recovered from his autism. We now have a wonderful, spirited little six year old who continues to teach us daily by his very being. The reason I brought this up is that I no longer fear what might be. I am not afraid of things I normally would have dreaded. It sounds like you have learned this too through your experience with cancer. And I am so happy for you!

One of the most helpful things I learned from SonRise is instead of moving away from something, choose to move toward something. So for instance, instead of trying to “get rid of” this weight, focus on moving toward a healthy, fit, strong body. This has been so amazing in my view of anything I normally would have tried to change.

I wish you continued courage, strength and love in your current journey! And I thank Jon for this opportunity to connect with you!

• Cathryn says:

Autism. Everyone dreads that one. Good for you that you turned it into a blessing rather than a curse. It probably even helped your marriage because you were pulling together to find ways to live with a chronic condition in your child. And he turned around! Amazing! This is a great testimony to the powers of nutrition, careful attention, prayer and good think as opposed to bad think. You did not have an easy path, but you chose to turn it into a gift. Miracles happen every day, don’t they?

27. Pam says:

Dear Cathryn. It is no wonder you are doing so well. You have faith in God, you have a positive attitude, you eat well. I pray for you, just to add another request to God on your behalf, knowing that He hears us. We look forward to an update in future months or years. God bless you.

• Cathryn says:

Jon has asked me to keep him posted on what is happening at this end. And sometimes I will. The next 2 months are going to be both long and short. I’m eager to get off the drugs. I”m afraid of getting away from my safety net. Faith, attitude and the gifts from good food will hopefully keep me safe this time. Maybe I finally learned what I was supposed to learn from all this. We’ll see.

28. Noelle Smith says:

Hi Jon and Cathryn,
    like a few others that have posted I had cancer before and wish I knew about EODD during treatment. Cathryn. I was diagnosed in January of 2008 with breast cancer. Mastectomy, lymph removal, chemo and herceptin for a year. I imagine you know the drill and have seen and heard a ton in your 2 times battling with the beast. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers and I am glad you have found Jon’s system to help you through.
    If you feel like reading it, here is my story for you both:
    Before I was a cancer patient I was running my own business, raising my son alone, and racing in small triathlons every summer with my boyfriend. The funny thing before I got “sick” I was eating clean, had lost 20lbs of baby/lazy mommy weight in 2002 and after gaining some back I lost a bunch more in 2006. I was in pretty good shape when I got diagnosed and stupidly assumed eating well and working out would be something I could keep up through surgery and treatment because I was “young and strong” like other people kept telling me. During treatment I ended up pretty sick as compared to some of my fellow May 2008 chemo sisters. One of my nurses told me that the “skinny ones” get worse side effects. So, I ate well, worked out A LOT, quit smoking years ago, get cancer anyway and I get sicker on treatment because of my low fat ratio? So, during chemo I just ate what I could keep down and gained 20lbs in about 3 weeks on the steroids. 10lbs came off when I was done, but most of my muscle tone was completely gone.

Just to prove to myself I could, I did a mini triathlon 6 weeks after chemo ended, I barfed in the bushes at the finish line but I finished!!

Since treatment ended I’ve never quite gotten back to my regular workout/ race regimen from before cancer. Some of my reasons are good, some of them are just excuses. The good news is I still eat healthfully, and kept my small business going through the recession. Thanks to EODD I have been able to maintain my weight pretty well, although I really hate the shake for breakfast (but I only cheat with 2 eggs and sprouted grain toast) I still do it a few times a week.

I only break Jon’s rules with my choices in “cardio”. I think I am wierd, I adore workouts and would workout for hours everyday if I could afford the time. I love long (40 to 90m is the longest I can take with my schedule) sessions on the trails running, snowshoeing and cycling on the road. It’s where I get a lot of thinking done, listen to the birds, the wind. I think a lot of my healing from cancer and keeping up my positive outlook has come from the sense of peace I get on these workouts. Someday soon I’ll get it together with the weight program of 7mm and mix it with my own cardio and triathlon training.
    I have a friend who is a Kinesiology professor at a local University who did a small study on breast cancer patients and weight loss and found that post chemo weight loss is harder/ slower for us than for the average person. I haven’t seen the whole report but he told me he has found that with more weight lifting the fat does come off. Let me know if you want more information on his findings.
    Jon, I love your newsletter and tips in my email box, but this was my favourite.
    Cancer changed my life as you would imagine, but the best part is that I have shifted parts of my business to have products and time available to help other cancer patients. I have a much better outlook on life and although I will never forget I had it, or go a day without worrying about the future of my health I am a better person because of it.
    Cathryn I will carry you with me on my trips through the trees and trails and think of you when I look at the bright blue sky. In my chemo group (an international online group) we talked about chemo treatment like it was a river. A river we had to swim across to get through the treatment phase. Toward the end of everyone’s treatment we joked about jumping in the water with the person who was having her last chemo that day. Trust me, there are a lot of chemo sisters in the water with you and we’ll be cheering you on to the shores of what we called “camp recovery”
    I hope the next two months go as well as they can. You can read more of my trip through cancer at my blog if you’re bored someday. Don’t hesitate to ask if you think there is anything I can do to help. http://noellesbloggybits.blogspot.com/

My boyfriend really wants me to do a 100 mile local cancer fundraising ride with Lance Armstrong in August. Maybe that will be my goal this year.
    Cheers to both of you!
    Noelle

• Cathryn says:

Sister Noelle thank you for sharing this with all of us, but especially with me. It is the stories of others who have been down this river road that truly keep me going when it gets tough. I, too, had heard that those with the least fat had the worst reactions to the chemicals. On the other hand, I feel miserable when I am a flabby mess. What to do? Well, I do a balance of rest and exercise. Many days are more rest than exercise, but at least I am moving. You aren’t weird to like being active. It’s good for you. And one day you will be old, but you will still be mobile because of what you are doing now. No, I can’t run like the wind right now. But I can be happy knowing you can and that life has become richer for you. Very happy to know you managed to keep your business both through the downturn and through cancer. You are clearly a strong woman! And your boyfriend stuck with you through it all! Sooooooooooo wonderful!

29. Duffy Newman says:

OOOooooooh boy. As i read through some of these comments and replies … im tearing up. Some of the tears are out of sadness … for the fact that there are people who have to deal with these AWFUL diseases … and some are out of joy … for people like Cathryn who have that EVERLASTING WILL to keep on going! Cathryn … You and others like you give hope and inspiration to those in need. Of course your fight is personal and includes yourself, but its much more then that … it includes OTHER PEOPLE going through the same hardships too. I commend you for your POSITIVE ADDITUDE and applaud you for your WARLIKE TENACITY! You will beat this … i just KNOW it … i can FEEL it! Keep fighting and God bless !!!! :) :) :)

P.s. – Great article Jon. God bless !!!

• Cathryn says:

Every disease, every hardship affects more than just one person. Because we all live in some sort of social community, what happens to each person in some ways affects everyone in that circle and beyond. If I can be a conduit so others are encouraged in their search for health, I’ll humbly accept that role. But only temporarily. I had no idea what a flood of joy, affection, and inspiration would come from Jon’s choice to devote a column to my little life. No, it wasn’t a promo for his products. But, I think many who are already on, or who just got the book feel they can actually do this plan. And that makes me happy because I know that it is probably a great bit of insurance against many diseases nobody wants. I’m really hoping that 2 times with cancer is enough. We’ll see.

30. Royce says:

Hi Cathryn,

I’m 64 and was diagnosed with a melanoma in my eye 4.5 years ago. Radiation has stopped the tumour (at least so far), and I believe that faith in God, prayer and a healthy lifestyle will keep it where it is now. Eating and drinking in a way to keep your system alkaline takes away an environment that encourages cancer. Vitamin D (exposure to sunlight), 2 litres of water per day, lot’s of oxygen (deep breathing and exercise), and antioxidants plus anti-cancer foods like broccoli, etc., will all help a lot. God bless you. I haven’t had chemo (it won’t work in my case), but I know what you can feel like emotionally. You have the support of a lot of people. Keep up the fight.

• Cathryn says:

Yup! I would say you have the right idea and the strength of will to maintain the healthy choices. Keep the faith, remember that God always listens, and then do your homework. Absolutely correct about acid and tumors. They grow on sugar and starch. But I love chocolate. Right now I don’t eat any of it, to help the chemicals work better. One day I’ll go back to the periodic piece, but it has to be a special occasion from now on. Darn. Stay on course, you can see the help it gives.

31. Mary says:

Dear Cathryn,

I am very blessed indeed by hearing your story and by hearing your courage, faith in Jesus, and your joy even though you are going through a very difficult time. Your life is an encouragement to us all. Thank you Jon for allowing her story to be published on your site. Encouragement is just what I need especially since I just purchased EODD this week. I have been sick this week, although not as seriously as you Cathryn, and this is just what I needed! Thank you and please keep us updated on how you are doing. In the meantime, count on my prayers as well. God is faithful! And it is very apparent that His plans for your life go much further than you ever could have imagined and He is not done with you yet! May God bring you greater joy in the days, weeks, months, and years to come and may you be able to share this Joy with many more people!

Mary

• Cathryn says:

People always get what they need, don’t they? You can do this plan! It is really just learning new habits. Fall into it gradually and you will probably never go back. Just remember to keep your goals in sight and then live one day at a time. It works. This way of eating works. The changes to your life will work in ways you didn’t expect. And one day you won’t even think about what you are doing anymore. It will just be life. Go, girl!

32. Tracy says:

God Bless you and yours Cathryn. You are a true inspiration!! Reading your story has given me a firm reminder of what I often forget… that attitude is everything! And believe me, I forget!!! I was recently blessed with a copy of the EODD and hadn’t read it yet. I go grocery shopping tomorrow, and am going to try it!

Thank you so much for your bravery and Faith. You help more than yourself heal.
    I will put you and yours in my prayers.

Mark 9:23 …”everything is possible for him who believes.”

• Cathryn says:

Truly attitude is everything. You have to believe in something bigger than yourself. It’s the only way to get past life’s little troubles. Ten years from now this time will have receded from the front of my mind. Whenever trouble comes, you have to ask yourself-will I remember this 15 years from now? If the answer is no, then get on with living and don’t wallow in the present moment. If the answer is yes-then decide how you want to remember it. Hopefully, you can find joy in some part of everything. It’s not hard if you try. Life is just too cool to let it pass in misery. Remember to get the correct wrinkles-Crows’ feet! They are absolutely the best!

33. CHRISTIE ODESOLA says:

CATHRN, I DECREE IN TO YOUR LIFE NOW, PERMANENT HEALING , IN JESUS,S NAME , AMEN.
    I COMMAND THE FIRE OF GOD TO RUN THROUGH YOUR SPINE, BLOOD STREAM ,WATER SREAM ,YOUR SINEW AND FLESH AND BURN ASHES EVERY SYMPTOMS OF CANCER ,IN THE NAME OF JESUS, AMEN
    AM WAITING FOR YOUR TESTIMONY THAT GOD ALMIGHTY HAS HEALED YOU AND I CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR HEALING NOW.
    MY NAME IS CHRISTIE FROM NIGERIA CHEERS

• Cathryn says:

Dear Christie-God is the Master Healer and I am leaning on Him to get me through this. Two more months of awful drugs and then I get my usual life back. You are in Nigeria? Many problems and hardships there. But also many of my fellow Quakers. I do indeed believe God will burn this out of me. Hopefully for good, this time!

34. Bill says:

Hello Cathryn,

Just wanted to say YOU are a TRUE inspiration on living through facing challenges and turning them
    into ways to grow Beyond them.

God Bless and you will be in our prayers !!!

Bill and Eileen

• Cathryn says:

I’m just living. Blessedly, this is all temporary. So it can indeed be something for all of us to use for learning. We are all in the world together. I firmly believe in the everyone being affected by the events in other’s lives. It cannot be otherwise. If my struggle works to give you strength for your challenges and troubles, then we both benefit. And the people around us benefit, too. Aren’t we asked to ‘bear one another’s burdens”? I am grateful you are helping me to bear my burden. And truly I hope you can see through this a way to ease your burdens, too. Grace and peace to you.

35. Suzana says:

Dear Cathryn,
    You are not ill, you just have a “little” problem you have to deal with.
    The biggest broblem is to convince yourself to beleive in that. Than, your body will follow your beleives. Look at that way because it is true. Heal your toughts, your body will heal itself naturally.
    Please open http://www.drday.com. You will find the information you need to heal yourself.
    I beleive in you!
    I embrace you with my heart.
    I will wait for your good news.
    You will succeed!!!
    I already see your healty smile with happy tears in the eyes!!!

• Cathryn says:

Most days I can remember that I have a ‘little’ problem. Some days that isn’t so easy-especially on the days I get my cocktail. Thank you for the link. I’ve heard a bit about her before. It is indeed the case that if you think of yourself as healed or in process of healing it helps a huge amount. I am moving towards health. I am seeking fitness and energy. And I can smile because I know it is all temporary, just like being fat can be temporary.

36. Paul says:

Atta girl, Cathryn… absolutely inspirational. Brings to mind a quote by Joshua J. Marine: “Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” Keep up the good fight and the great attitude!

• Cathryn says:

Nice quote! Thank you, Paul. What is written there is so very true. I think I need to make that into an art piece. I probably should find the book or article it’s in, too. Nice to be a librarian. I can find almost anything! And these days research is a great distraction from what my body is doing.

37. Dawn says:

Cathryn, my prayers and best wishes are with you. My mother is a 16 year survivor of breast cancer and is an inspiration to me every day, as is everyone who lives with this disease and is fighting it tooth and nail so that people like my children may one day see an end to this dreaded disease. I wish you continued strength and courage in you fight, and a quick recovery from treatment. Thank you for sharing your story and for being an inspiration to everyone who knows you. God Bless!

Dawn Tonneman

• Cathryn says:

16 years! Wonderful! I hope she still celebrates her Cancerversary! Life is what we all want for our children and hopefully it will not be one with cancer in any form. I will seek health and strength. And you also can find it . You are clearly making the choice to try to set a good example for your children and your mom is setting a good example for you. Good attitude is a wonderful legacy to give to others and our children. Chin up! I’m keeping mine up and so can you!

38. Caleb says:

Your attitude is amazing Cathryn!

Glad you’re thinking for … and … helping yourself.

All my best,
    Caleb

• Cathryn says:

You too can think for and help yourself. Follow health and light. They will change your life. Even now, I am feeling sooooooooooo much better than I did the first time I did this-and I’m four years older! Almost anything can be turned around if you believe it to be possible and work at it.

39. Steve says:

Cathryn,

God loves you! He wants you to know about Miracle II. You can review information submitted by users of the products at http://miracle2.blogspot.com/. On this website there is a link at the top of the page that says “For Miracle II product uses, click here”. This page will tell you how you can use the products. There is a recommendation for those who have cancer.

You may be able to find the products at your local health food store, or you can learn about them on the Miracle II website, where they may also be ordered if you are so moved. The weblink is http://www.miraclesoap.com/mprod.html.

I send you healing energy from my heart, and I ask Our Father to send His to you also, to strengthen you on your journey and heal your spirit. I encourage you to investigate Springforest QiGong to discover your own healing power, developed by Master Chunyi Lin. See his website at, http://www.springforestqigong.com/about_chunyi_lin.htm.

Everything is energy. Your heart is the source of your highest vibrational energy. God’s love wants your energy to flow freely and no longer be blocked. The above references are two God-given means of restoring your balance. All the Glory to God!

• Cathryn says:

All new sites for me and happily received. Thank you, Steve. God does deserve and gets the glory. Hopefully, soon the energy will flow better and I will get this balance back. Slowly that will happen. First the poison (two more months), then the cleaning, then the other forms of life riches come back. It takes a long time though..

40. Loree Evans says:

Kathryn,
    I have had chemo for breast cancer. Only 1 X. My Sis has had breast cancer 2 X and my Mom once.
    I pray and Believe in miracles. I have seen them. I am praying for you. Hang in there.
    God Bless you each and every day.
    Loree Evans

• Cathryn says:

I do believe in miracles! I see them nearly every day. Sooooo wonderful! And you have seen several miracles just in your family. Hopefully you will stay in remission for the rest of your life. If you want, you could try to volunteer with Imerman’s Angels. We do cheering for patients undergoing cancer treatments. The work is done by phone and e-mail, so it’s easy to fit into a schedule. Volunteers are all over the country. I suspect they would be very happy to hear from you. I’ve been doing it since my first round of breast cancer. Love those people! They are the ones who taught me that eating LemonHeads lets me actually taste something besides metal. But I don’t want to have them too often because cancer feeds on sugar.

41. carol says:

Dear Cathryn be strong life alwalys throws us a little curve once in awhile. I know because it did when both of my parents both pass away from that awful word cancer I will hold you in my prayers every night cause I know with Jon beside you, you will both be strong for each other and you will beat this ugly diease.I will be praying for you and him every so be as cheerful as you can and live life to the fullness. take care with love carol

• Cathryn says:

Life is so short, we have so few tomorrows. We have no time for little hates, nor for little sorrows. So said Don Blanding in a poern written during the 2nd World War. He’s right. But we do keep getting those curves, don’t we? Hm. The mind is the key in all this. You can either keep the sorrows and troubles shackeled to you or, you can send them in a chariot up to the heavens on a one way trip. I much prefer the latter. And mostly I am successful. But some days are not so good. Then you live hour to hour. Hopefully you will stay well. Eat right, keep faith, and don’t let yourself get unhealthy with too much fat. You can conquer imbalance with good choices. Just go one day at a time.

42. Mark says:

Keep up the fight. My wife is going through breast cancer and completed all of her chemo and radiation last month. Our prayers are with you.

• Cathryn says:

Hooray! But now she’s in that lovely space of free fall. The treatments are terrible, but at least you are doing something. Now there are fewer doctor appts. and no treatments. So you sort of wonder what to do with life and worry that ‘it’ is coming back really soon. Let her talk about that. Her energy level will take months to return. Be patient. She will feel rather unlovable and ugly. Help her feel loved and beautiful. I am so grateful you stayed with her through all this. My husband divorced me while I was in the first round of chemo. Thanks for God and my girlfriends, or I would have totally flipped out. I have no doubt you were one of the reasons she hung on through all this. God be with you as the river road of cancer continues.

43. Eileen K Maier says:

God Bless you Cathryn! Stay strong. Thank you for sharing your strength with all of us. My Mom went through breast cancer treatments 10 years ago, I know how scary it can be for you and your family and loved ones. I’m praying for you and yours.

• Cathryn says:

Ten years ago chemo treatments were lightyears away from what happens now. Still, the whole process is pretty scary. Having black veins is so horrible! I don’t let myself look at them too often. It will all be over soon. Then I can do massive detox to get the last of the chemicals out of my system and start on serious practice of the things we read about from Jon. I’m definitely eager to do more, just not yet.
      The whole cancer thing is just another process, just like sculpting your body with weights and exercise. And you know, it really does help to keep moving in some form or another. I can’t do the intensity of some of these exercises, but something is better than nothing. Even if I wasn’t getting chemo, I would think that doing SOMETHING every day was better than nothing at all. Then you can’t beat yourself up for being lazy. Not a bad thing.

44. Leah Flegle says:

You are a big inspiration to all of us Cathryn! I will pray for you daily! Take care and God Bless!

• Cathryn says:

Thank you! I have all those women who have been through this before me to live up to! It’s a very tall order. I’m always afraid I won’t measure up. It keeps me going. Except on the days I actually get drugs. Then everything just stops. But seeking health and good life is just so much better than feeling sorry for yourself. There are so many more interesting topics of conversation than aches and pains!

45. Gale M says:

Stay Strong Cathryn. After seeing what cancer treatments did to my hubby…. it’s not the cancer that killed him but the chemo…. I wouldn’t do that to myself or anyone or anything. One of my dogs has lung cancer, and I wouldn’t do that to him. I did some research, and after a year, the vet cannot believe he is still alive and has not lost any weight, vigor or zest. Check out the drug I am giving him, and after the last xray, the cancer is almost gone.

• Cathryn says:

So true that the ‘cure’ seems worse than the disease. Roughly 80% of medical professionals would not take chemo if they were diagnosed with cancer. Pretty high. Blessedly, my system is very strong. I was basically a healthy person before all this happened. So, I can deal with it-I even go to work most days. Although it totally wipes me out. The drugs aren’t as bad now as they were even 5 years ago. I just don’t want to get this ever again. Twice is plenty. At this point I am almost done with this round of chemo-just 2 more months. And maybe next month my hair will start to grow back. At least, that’s what they say…….
      As to not giving drugs to the dog. Totally understandable. He would have no understanding of what was happening. Needless suffering. Better to let him live the best quality of life he can. Lucky you found something that seems to have put him in remission. Sounds like one of life’s happy miracles.

46. pamela says:

cathryn,
    your attitude inspires me to keep on moving! wishing you all things positive, healthy, healing and joyous in your challenge. you are definitely on the good road!
    all the best,